Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cowards and a pile of squares.

I found this horrid little message in my mail box this afternoon.  Not only did they not sign their name and say who they represent (cowards!), they've dropped this nasty little pieces of paper in a major immigrant area of Sydney.  Nasty pieces of work.

I really can't understand the ignorant and prejudice attitude of some people.  They happily enjoy the benefits of having immigrants come to Australia, but then grumble about them stealing jobs and blame them for everything that's wrong with our wonderful country.  It just makes me so sad.

On a happier note...

I've been working hard on my crochet squares and am now 1/6 into my blanket.  It's great knowing what colours I'm going to use now.  I'm a little concerned that the brown is a bit too dark and that the honey colour doesn't match, but short of mixing wool types I didn't have a lot of choice.  Not to mention this wool was on special. 

Thing I can't understand is why people would do this for any reason outside of pleasure like I'm doing it for.  Even with the wool on special it's costing me over $100 to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment