Saturday, March 13, 2010

Teppanyaki and Karaoke

I went for a wonderful night out with friends last night.  My partner and I joined three friends for Teppanyaki.  It was a lot of fun watching all the action and tricks that you chef used.  For the second half he brought out the eggs, raw eggs mind you, and wanted us to catch them in bowls.  The first three went fine, so though I knew what I clutz I am at catching I didn't question myself too much.  Next thing I knew I had raw egg all over me.  And I do mean all over, the whole bottom half of my shirt and all down the legs of my pants. 

I think I'm still recovering, I'm not yet to the stage that I can laugh about it, but I know I'll get there.  I think what shocked me more than anything was the little reaction of those around me.  The staff really didn't do anything, just pointed me to the bathroom after I got myself up.  *sigh*  So when he started the next round of tossing food at us when I got back, I pretty much said outright "No", but still I got talked into it and ended up with cooked egg down my front.  I really am a clutz.  I think now that I was relying too much on his ability to aim!  It was good food and good fun though.

We headed to the pub around the corner then and had cocktails followed by karaoke and dancing.  It was a lot of fun just letting loose and being out.  I really miss going out like that.  It use to be such a regular thing for me, and now it's so rare.  Though considering the condition of my neck after some fairly enthusiastic dancing last night perhaps it for the best.  I wonder if that's my age or my fitness level...or both!  Well at least my fitness level I can keep working on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment