Thursday, March 11, 2010

Granny squares

I've starting trying out crocheting again.  I haven't done any since I was about 7, so it was a sharp relearning curve to be able to do it.  Thankfully there are some seriously good tutorials on YouTube if you're interested.  Check out Teresa and Mikey.  I've been planning on doing this for a while and the deal was sealed when I found a really orignal but simple blanket design uning granny squares in a magazine.


Mum had given me some wool to use and practice on, it's really ugly colour, but it works for just getting better at sewing the squares.  I don't want to start on the real thing, so this will do.  What do you think of my first square?  Not too baby for a first try in over 20 years!  Now I only have to make 225 squares for the blanket, and that's after I've made enough practice ones to feel that I'm good enough to start.  I don't mind though, I started this as something I could do pretty mindlessly.  And if it works out I could be making blankets for all the family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment