Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dinner Date

Yay!  I got taken out to dinner tonight.  Unfortunately I decided to get myself a glass of wine before the food arrived and got a little tipsy, or as my boyfriend called me, drunk.  So feeling very giddy I found it kind of hard to participate in a serious conversation about my situation at the moment.  I feel terrible about that.  I really should have realised that I had an empty stomache and that with my weak resistance to alcohol it was going to go bad. Luckily my boyfriend didn't seem upset, and given that it's Sunday night I don't feel too bad.  It wasn't even a whole glass!  It is at times like this though that I lament that I'm such a feather weight with alcohol.

I've had an idea for making friends in the area though.  I love making ATCs and wish that there were more in my area who were interested or even that I had some sort of social art group.  Since I can't seem to find one I though that I should try starting one.  I'm doing my research first, to check that there are none about that I can simply join.  Otherwise I'm going to try and make use of community boards, the local library and perhaps the local scrapbooking store to get people together. 

Where I lived before I went to an art class for 4 years every Tuesday evening.  Even though we paid to go, after the first could of terms it was more about being social and having time for art than about the class.  I really miss that and hope I can find a way to get it back.

And make friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment