Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Listing my little things.

Today I was a bit late getting up to take my morning walk, the garbage truck woke me at 5am and that always spoils my sleep, so it was hard to get up.  I did however and I'm glad that I did.  Today a few good things happened.  I'd just like to specify first though that generally I tend to try to appreciate the little things in life.

So first off I was happy because I completed my walk in record time.  In fact I've run out of excuses and must tomorrow extend my walk.  Hopefully this means I'll have a good week on the scales this Saturday.

Then walking home I checked the mail and there was a letter for me!  I've recently wanted to start writing letters again, not emails, but lovely hand written, sent through the mail letters.  So I went to a website (a bit of irony there) and found a few people that sounded right to me and asked them to exchange letters.  It's been a long wait, but today one arrived.  In fact she was the lady that was kind enough to start our letters to each other, all the others asked me to.  So I had a lovely time reading her letter, get to know you sheet and looking at the ATC she sent me.  Her handwriting is so pretty I'm a little intimidated as mine really isn't after years of mostly typing, but I'm not going to let that stop me.  I'm going to start my letter back to her after this.

Today is cloudy and gloomy, my favourite kind of day, so I got to wear my ballet slippers and cardigan and feel all snuggly. (note: it's summer here right now) It was a lovely feeling, something so comforting about wearing such comfy and warm clothing.

The last of the good things that happened today is that I've put a submission in for suggested classes at two of my local community colleges.  Hopefully this will lead to more work for me down the track, but in the meantime I feel good and hopeful that I've put the submissions in.

Oh today I've been remember all those childhood rhymes.  You know:

All Right Vegemite
Far Out Brussel Sprout
Roll Over Pavlova.

They were a series of Children's poetry books here in Australia.  Do you know any more?

No comments:

Post a Comment