Sunday, February 28, 2010

How do you measure up?

What a lovely day.  So cold and drizzly all day, I've loved being snuggled under my blanket and breaking out the colder weather clothes.  Nothing like long sleeves hanging over your hands to make you feel good.  Don't know why, but it always works for me.

For the last year we've been told by the media that Australia is currently the most obese country in the world, which is seriously concerning to me and was one of my motivators for my current weight loss regime.  The Australian government is even running a campaign to encourage everyone to get active, it's called "How do you measure up?"  I think it's great no matter where we are on the world scale, what surprised me when I started researching for this entry was that I can't find any statistics to back this up.  We're certainly high on the list at no. 6 in the world, but we're certainly not on top of the list.  Wonder which list was being quoted when they mentioned it in the media. Maybe I made a mistake and it was childhood obesity?

Regardless, along with following the weight watchers plan to monitor what I'm eating, I'm also taking the "How do you measure up?" programs suggestion to exercise at least 30 minutes a day.  So I'm walking every morning.  Today I saw these cockatoo in the park, and they barely moved when I got close!  Just goes to show that good things can come from exercise.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment