Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Moving on

It's been a while since I've blogged and a lot has changed since then. So I've decided to make this blog more of a personal blog rather than purely for my art. I need a place for self expression to help me deal with what I'm going through at the moment.

So where am I? Well I was made redundant from my job last year and now I'm starting up my own business in an attempt to continue my work with teachers to help them with technology in the classroom. This is very slow going, almost a crawl, and is quite disheartening at times. I've never worked for myself like this before and I feel very insecure. My partner is very supportive, but it doesn't change my feelings of self worth when not bringing in any money.

I think one of the other reasons I've been feeling down also is I feel very isolated here. I haven't made a lot of friends since I moved here and I really need to put more effort into that. I know from pervious experiences that it does take effort, so I need to find groups to join and meet people. By the way, gyms are not good places to meet people. I've been trying that for the last year and no one there wants to chat.

The other major difficulty I've been battling with is my weight. I'm the heaviest I've ever been right now and it's time to do something about it. I've rejoined Weight Watchers and have already lost over a kilo, just got to keep that momentum up. I'm walking most mornings (and let's just say that's really astonishing) and keeping to my points. It's going to take time but I will get myself down this year.

So those are my gripes. I know this wasn't a particularly positive entry, but I needed to get that all out so now I can focus on what I'm doing to make a change. I need to get up every morning and put effort into my life to keep it going.

Oh for a blog that I've been enjoying and keeping me smiling, check out the Daily Puglet, it's a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment